Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust (AWP) is the lead provider of healthcare for people with serious mental illness, learning disabilities and autism across Bath and North East Somerset (BaNES), Swindon and Wiltshire, and Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
Our purpose and our values
We are committed to improving the lives of the people we serve with compassion, respect and dignity.
Our purpose can only be fulfilled by staying true to our core values which underpin everything we do; they guide our behaviours and can be seen in every interaction we have with patients, staff and stakeholders. We refer to our values as PRIDE:
- Passion – we want our service users, staff and stakeholders to recognise our passion, knowing that we do our best, all of the time.
- Respect – we value everyone’s contribution and take time to really listen and understand what matters to our patients, staff and communities.
- Integrity – we work openly and transparently, learning from our mistakes and continually improving our services.
- Diversity – we personalise care and treatment to individuals and provide equality of opportunities to our staff.
- Excellence – we inspire and empower our staff to deliver outstanding care.
Our strategy and vision
We are currently developing our five year strategy to reflect the changing needs and strengths within our local populations. You can read more about our strategy and vision here.
Our strategy has four key objectives:
Provide outstanding care
- Continually improve and provide high quality care to help everyone using our services feel safe, involved in decisions about their care and assured that our staff are focused on their recovery and future goals.
- Design and deliver care and treatment that is person-centred, evidence-based and a joint endeavour.
- Improve access and provision in our services to reduce inequalities.
Develop outstanding people
- Our people make the difference in everything we do. We will retain the best staff by making AWP a great place to work and learn.
- Develop our staff to fulfil their potential.
- Implement great workforce planning to ensure we are fit for the future.
Provide sustainable services
- Services that are properly resourced to meet rising demand.
- Reduce our environmental impact.
- Capitalise on digital opportunities.
Delivered in partnership
- Deliver care as a joint endeavour with patients, their family, friends and carers, including the voluntary sector.
- Add value to all partnerships.
- Explore opportunities to develop more partnerships.
- Build and nurture our reputation.